Let me start off with saying, I am guilty of being dehydrated too often. BUT, I am making sure to change that, especially with summer on it’s way!
Have you noticed your lips being dry? Flaky? Gross? Guess what a big part of that is, D-E-H-Y-D-R-A-T-I-O-N.
Are you fatigued? Irritable? Skin looking dull? You know what can help? W-A-T-E-R!
Did you know you should be drinking AT LEAST 64oz of water a day? Also, for every 10 minutes you exercise, you should be adding 8oz on top of the 64oz? I probably only get in about 32oz/day and I plan on changing that; are you with me?!
Step 1: Buy a reusable water bottle, or dig yours out of your kitchen cabinet.
Here* is the one I own:
I purchased this from target for ~$10. It has a tack that allows you track how many bottles you have drank! I was using a 32oz Nalgene, but it was too heavy for me to carry!
Step 2: Follow these helpful tips!
- ALWAYS carry that water bottle with you!
- REFILL it immediately after you finish it.
- Track how much you have been drinking.
- Drink a glass of water before you go to bed.
- Drink a glass of water immediately after you wake up.
- Keep sipping on that water bottle all day long!
- Get a straw if you are worried about your lipstick! (The larger Starbucks straw is tall enough for my bottle FYI!)
- STOP DRINKING SODA!!! IT IS EMPTY CALORIES AND COLAS HAVE PHOSPHORUS WHICH DOESN’T ALLOW YOUR BODY TO ABSORB CALCIUM.
- Every cup of coffee: add an 8oz glass of water.
- Every 10min of exercise: add an 8oz glass of water.
- Every alcoholic beverage, 21 years+: add an 8oz glass of water.
- Only drink water with meals, and finish at least one glass with the meal.
- Cut out juice while you are at it, too much sugar. (Homemade smoothies: OK.)
- Add ice if it is feeling bland! Cold water is always more refreshing.
- Add fruit/veggies to your water if ice isn’t sufficient enough!
Here are some good fruits/veggies to add to your H2O!
- Cucumber slices
- Oranges (Blood Oranges great too-this is acidic!)
- Lemon (Acidic, poor teeth.)
- Pineapple (acidic)
- Lime (acidic)
- Fresh Basil
Here are a few combos:
- Watermelon & Mint
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, & Raspberries
- Strawberry & Kiwi
- Mango & Papaya
- Lemon & Lime
- Orange & Mango
- Lime & Cucumber
- Pineapple & Orange
- Fresh Basil & Strawberry
You could also add Chia Seeds for an extra energy boost! My favorite thing to add to my water would probably be cucumber slices, it is just so refreshing!
You will notice the difference, trust me! You will feel more energized, see a brightened complexion, your mood will be boosted, and your lips will definitely be less dry! Exfoliating your lips morning and night is also a good thing to do, especially if you wear lipstick. (DIY lip scrub post coming soon!)
I hope you are running to go grab some water after this! I have drank almost 24oz just while writing this post!