I am so excited because I am going to Vegas this weekend! We are leaving tomorrow for Wuste, an European car festival. Todd and I went to Wuste two years ago, and it has been one of my favorite car events to date.
We will be spending three days and two nights there, and I know that I over pack, but I wanted to share what I would typically bring with me when I change climates for the weekend! We will be going to Seattle, Washington for a little over a week next month, so I will definitely be revisiting this type of post then!
Onto the goods! Let’s start with eye makeup
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette: I limited myself to one eyeshadow palette since I knew that we would be gone for only a few days. I use this the most, and I can create an array of wonderful looks.
- ELF Eyebrow Kit: My tried and true $3 brow product! I just made a video tutorial on how I do my brows, you can check it out here.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner Pen: I love this baby. The wings I can make with this liner makes me feel fabulous!
- Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner Crayon: I got this as a sample from ULTA, and I haven’t used it yet. It’s the perfect size for traveling, and I wanted something quick for tight lining my upper lash line.
- Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance: I love this eyeshadow primer. It has lasted me years, and it is still going strong.
- Smashbox Eye Brightening Mascara: I love how small the brush is on this. It is great for my lower lash line.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara: I really love this mascara, and pairing these two together has really been a winning combo for me.
- Callas Eyelashes #507: I’m going to Vegas! I have to break out some false lashes!
- DUO Eyelash Adhesive: Tried and true; it’s the only lash glue I trust!
Now, Face products:
- Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer: I use this everyday; I love it so much.
- Too Faced Primed and Poreless: It is going to be HOT! I need a good setting powder with me.
- Covergirl Clean Concealer: I use this for dark circles.
- Covergirl BB cream: This is the only BB cream I have used, but I like it. I don’t own any foundation, but it would be too hot for it anyway.
- Elta MD Facial Sunscreen, SPF 40: I love this sunscreen. Todd’s grandmother bought it for me, and I have been cherishing it ever since.
- ELF Mineral Face Primer: I don’t always use primer here in sunny Southern California, but I know that I will need it in Vegas.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Blush in Tipsy: I limited myself to one blush this weekend. This one is my favorite, and coral is perfect for summer!
I forced myself to be limited to two colors, a gloss, and a balm. This was very hard for me. I am the type of person who will bring every lip product I own… I had a lip balm melt last time, so I am taking a balm that I don’t care for, and all of the other lip products are cream/gloss.
- Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Midnight Cowboy: I am not really a gloss person, but I like this one. I don’t know if I will even use it, but I like having the option.
- NYX soft matte lip cream in San Paulo: I just bought this, and I think that I would cry if I didn’t bring it along with me! It’s great for the daytime.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso: This is my holy grail red lippie. I plan on switching over to red every night! This will last through a few margaritas. 🙂
- Maybelline Baby Lips in Grapevine: I wouldn’t be sad if this melted, and I have misplaced my Burt’s Bees!
- Sephora Mirror: For touching up my lips!
- Tweezers/Scissors: I might need a brow lift by Sunday morning.
- Eyelash Curler: Pretty self explanatory. (:
- Pencil Sharpener: I don’t think I will need it, but, you know, just in case!
- Hair pin: Keep those bangs at bay while I apply my makeup!
- Real Techniques Lip Brush: I use this for my Stila lipstick.
- Ecotools Eyeliner brush: For my brows.
- Ecotools Eyebrow/Mascara Brush: For combing my lashes!
- 3 Ecotools Eyeshadow Brushes: I have a double endeed brush in my Naked 3 as well. I like having a good amount of eye brushes no matter where I am.
- Ecotools Concealer Brush: I don’t feel line bringing my beauty blender for my concealer, but this will do.
- Ecotools Blush Brush: I use this for my finishing powder.
- Ecotools Fan Brush: For my blush & bronzer… I need a spare fan brush!
- Oxyfresh Fluoride Toothpaste: Expensive, but worth it!
- Toothbrush: I usually use electric, but I don’t like traveling with it.
- Reach Floss: Floss everyday ladies and gents!
- Schick Quattro Razor: I am a hairy lady.
- Eyeglasses Cleaner/Cloth: Makeup always gets all over my glasses.
- LUSH Sweetie Pie Body Jelly in Sweetie Pie: I haven’t used this in a long time, and I think smelling like cherries in Vegas is acceptable.
- Vera Wang Princess Perfume Roller Ball: I never bring full size perfume with me when I travel. I am ready for a new scent, but I still like this one.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: I use this every night after I wash my face.
- Ahava Body and Hand Lotion: They are small, and perfect for travel!
- Eyedrops: I have really dry eyes and they get irritated.
- Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner: I know that the hotel will provide soap/shampoo/lotion/conditioner, but I always feel the need to bring my own just in case I don’t like that they provide. This shampoo/conditioner was from another hotel visit. The shampoo isn’t SLS free, but my hair isn’t dyed right now, so I don’t care as much.
- Vidal Sassoon Hairspray: I got this as a free sample at Target of all places, but I really like it, and it is perfect size for travel. I curl my hair with my flat iron, and I plan on doing it all weekend.
- Olive Oil Heat Protectant Spray (Not photographed): I just remembered that I will need this since I am actually doing something to my hair for once.
- Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 (Not photographed): This is already waiting for me in the car, and it is much needed since we’ll be outside a lot all weekend.
- Dove Deodorant (Not Photographed): Oh this would be very bad if I forgot this.. I don’t want to smell like BO in the summer sun! (:
The car ride is about 4 hours long from where I live to Las Vegas, so I need a nice read. My friend Iz leant me this book, and I am excited to dive into it tomorrow!
- Toiletry Bag: This came with my suitcase. Todd and I will be sharing the suitcase for the weekend, and I can fit all of out toiletries in this bag… even the extras I don’t need.
- Clinique Makeup Bag: I have had this bag for 4 years. It gets the job done, and I can fit everything with room to spare.
- Ecotools Brush Bag: I could fir my brushes in with my makeup, but I like keeping them a little more safe than that.
Everything fits nicely with room to spare! I may overpack, but I would rather not use something then be sad that I don’t have it when I wish that I did!
Do you tend to overpack?